Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Ready -- what's it good for? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeannemiller

Technical User
Nov 24, 2000
US
Recently I have accidentally clicked something in Adobe Photoshop 5.5 that flips the screen into Image Ready. What is Image Ready and what is it good for?

Thanks,
Jeanne

ImageReady 2.0, which is packaged and installed with 5.5, is Adobe's nod in the direction of the Web. Whilst you can optimise images for the web directly in 5.5 (using the File > Save for Web option) ImageReady allows you to slice up the image into smaller parts, insert rollovers (ImageReady will write the JavaScript and HTML), animate your GIFS and generally do the same things as Fireworks 3.0.

Why not have these two programs as one? Photoshop 6 takes a step in this direction by allowing you to add you slices and optimisation settings. But ImageReady is still packaged individually and used to create rollovers and animations. Confusing, huh?

Checkout the Adobe site for more!

j

Thanks. That was a good, comprehensive reply. My upgrade to 6.0 arrived yesterday, so I have more learning to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back