Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Path using Tomcat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevcold

MIS
Apr 19, 2001
US
I've saved a number of .htm files as .jsp's. I've saved my image files in a subdirectory called "images". When viewing the files on my browser using Tomcat, the images are not visible. I've triple checked the path, and they're are where they should be, but Tomcat can't find. My javascript refs and css's are in a similar path and they are receognized. What's the trick here??

Is everything correctly packaged as a Web-App? Are you doing any kind of request forwarding or proxying to Tomcat?

Thanks for the quick response WUSHUTWIST,

My path for .jsp is /webapps/root/ckt_id/*.jsp, and my path for the missing images is webapps/root/ckt_id/images/*.jpg or .gif. I'm not familiar with request or forwarding of proxy, but I'm not doing anything unusual, just trying to open!

Thanks for the quick response WUSHUTWIST,

My path for .jsp is /webapps/root/ckt_id/*.jsp, and my path for the missing images is webapps/root/ckt_id/images/*.jpg or .gif. I'm not familiar with request or forwarding of proxy, but I'm not doing anything unusual, just trying to open!

Try using relative links to access the images. Since your path for the .jsp is /webapps/root/ckt_id/*.jsp, your image paths should now resemble ./images/*.jpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back