Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image multiple servers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
Does anyone know of a good product that can install an image on multiple servers at the same time.

I will create a custom build of SuSE 10 with our application and drivers included and need to install this image on 350x servers. I would need to image about 10 at a time. All the servers will be exactly the same hardware (HP DL580)

Opensource hopefully [bigsmile]

Does anyone recommend partimage?

"Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary, and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

I would investigate doing a network installation. Yes, a small amount of work will be required at each one, but the common image on a network should solve the media and image problem.

Thanks but I'm fully aware of what's involved, I'm looking for recommended products that people have already used.

"Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary, and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

checkout autoyast, we use it to give a consistent load and configuration (ml350g6's includeing the hp software). it works best when there are no hardware differences.

That looks perfect thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back