Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image gap problem in XHTML Strict

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvmikep

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
US
I have a problem where I have a stack of images (a vertical menu) separated by <br /> tags that show a gap between the images in Mozilla. When I remove the XHTML DTD, the gap disappears, but that's not what I want to do to get rid of the images. I suspect that there's a CSS property that I have to define. Any ideas what this property is?

Thanks

I'm sure at the moment why that's not working, but a suggestion:
Why don't you put it in a table? Then you can use cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; in the <TABLE> tag to define the height of the line break as &quot;0&quot;.

Rick If I have helped you just click the first link below to let me know :)

I had tried that too. Actually, that was the original method, but that doesn't even work. :(

Do you have the width of the menu specified somewhere? It's possible that it is wrapping before it gets to the <br/>, so that your intended line-break actually becomes a space... &quot;Insofar as the propositions of mathematics refer to reality they are not certain, and insofar as they are certain they do not refer to reality.&quot; -- Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back