Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image edges dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordHynarc

Programmer
Apr 3, 2004
GB
Hi People,

I am a complete newbie to PSP and am frankly bewildered by it - sort of rabbit in headlights syndrome....

The first problem which is bugging me like crazy is this. When I create an image and I get it just nice with tidy edges, I save it and the next time I open it the edges are what I would call grubby or dirty. Now I think the correct term may be anti-aliasing or feathering but I want to turn it off and I cannot find out how to do it. It makes my images appear blurry and I don't want that. Can anyone help with this? Please!

Thanks

Hynarc

How are you creating the images? (tools, etc.)
When you re-open the images are you viewing them at 100%?

I was sent the image as a jpg. I don't know how it was created unfortunately.

I vary the zoom depending on what I am looking at. If I want to amend the image slightly I'll zoom in but mostly I view at 100%.

Thanks for your response.

I was referring to this part of the message:

When I create an image and I get it just nice with tidy edges, I save it and the next time I open it the edges are what I would call grubby or dirty.

If the image is a .jpg then the compression is probably too high, which causes a lot of information to be lost.

Depending on what kind of image is being created, not using anti-alias (which you set for each tool, when available) will also cause a bad look.

Maybe if you posted a screenshot of the image it would be easier to help, because at this point all I can think of is the compression that is being used.

Make sure you are keeping notice of the save extention. Saving files as .gif will loose its shapness. Photo Files should be saved as .jpg, otherwise you should not have any problems that change your picture from saving it

a good Idea would also be, to zoom in to 100% before saveing in order to see what the image truly looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back