Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image drag disable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickHowell

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
US
OK, here's my problem. I'm doing the stand dynamic web page where you can click and drag objects around on the web page using absolute positioning. I can do this fine with DIV's but when I attempt to apply the same technique to IMG's I have a problem. In IE6, when you click and drag on an image a circle-slash icon popsup and you lose your drag. So what my problem is, is that I can click the image, drag it for a little ways and then the circle-slash icon pops up and I lose the drag. Is there someway around this?
Thanks,
Nick

Yeah, I've considered that before but that means I will have to completely change my code because then I'd have to resize the picture inside the div and the other objects don't have that. Oh well! I guess everything's gotta change sooner or later. Thanks!

I use the method used in the following url to do drap drop, its for ie5 i think and its relatively simple, the example uses iframes but you can use any element

Even the microsoft example of image drag drop has the circle withthe slash thru it:

click the show example lin at the bottom of the page and then the show me button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back