Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image downloaded becomes unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyA

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2015
SG
Hi All,

I have a weird issue on my site. Currently on Live site I am using elFinder (a Web file manager) v 2.0.2. After I download an image using elFinder, the downloaded image becomes unreadable. The size of the downloaded image and the filename are identical to the copy on the server. It is just that the image cannot be read by any image viewer or manipulation application.

Some helpful details:
(1) I have used Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu, Windows and Mac. All downloaded images from Live site are unreadable. So this cannot be a browser or OS issue.
(2) I have a Test site, where development work is done. Downloading an image using elFinder on this site is ok. Image is readable. This site is on another server. Both servers are almost identical in terms of configuration. The Live site does have a load balancer, while Test does not. All other applications and versions used on the server should be identical, such as Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc. Configuration, more or less, are off the shelf, meaning it has not been tweaked.
(3) This warning appears on Chrome - Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/octet-stream. But the warning does come out on both Live and Test sites.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Marky A

After I download an image using elFinder, the downloaded image becomes unreadable

Your download tool is probably using ASCII mode rather than Binary mode to download images.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Hi Chris,

But the Testing site, which is a copy of the Live site, is able to download the images and the file does not get corrupted or unreadable? The only difference between the 2 server setups are the load balancers sitting in front of Live. The Testing site does not have the LBs.

By the way elFinder is a jQuery-based plugin.

Regards,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back