Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image download ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesku

Programmer
Jun 7, 2000
FI
Hi !<br><br>How can i make download -script, which don't show JPG-image, only download it ???<br><br>Thanx!

if u are trying to download an image, like GIF or JPG, you can try to change the content-type from image/jpeg to something like application/octet-stream (this is for exe file).<br><br>this is just a suggestion and i have never try this before. hope it will work.

I've used the method ttest suggested.&nbsp;&nbsp;On some browsers it works -- give it a content-type which is generally not associated with a program (even a bogus one) and it will try to download it.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, some browsers check the file header and will output the image in the browser anyway.<br><br>I would suggest you just output the image and let people right click on it to save it to their harddrive.<br><br>Otherwise, maybe you could zip it first.<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>Tom Anderson<br>CEO, Order amid Chaos, Inc.<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back