Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image does not change at runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllpayRog

Technical User
Nov 10, 2008
GB
Hi All,
I am using CR XI and have developed a report to access a table which holds paths to images.
I have added an OLE object to the report (a default graphic)and in the Format Graphic, Picture tab have used the 'Graphic location' formula to point to another graphic at a specific location when certain criteria are met. When the criteria are not met the default graphic is displayed.
This works fine on CR running on my PC. I can scroll through the pages (records) and when the criteria is met the graphic changes...great!
The problem is that when I try to run this either using infoview on the CR server, or through a .net application the graphic does not change when required, just the original default graphic is displayed.....can anyone help?

Very best regards to all

Roger

Where are the images?
If they are on a local drive, they need to be copied to a local drive on the server running the report.

If they are on a network share, they need to be a UNC path rather than a mapped drive. Services can't see any mapped drives as they are local to each user. Use a formula to find the images on "\\server\share\folder\..."

You can also retrieve the images from a web server with "
Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thanks Chelseatech,

I'll try this later when the networks guys come in.

Best Regards
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back