Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image distribution, error: no distribution points available

Status
Not open for further replies.

treyhunsucker

Programmer
May 16, 2006
US
hey guys,

1st day of working with sms, thank you for your patience.

I need to reimage a pc, here are the details.

There is already an image package setup for this model of pc, and I was told it worked in the past.

I walked thru the wizard to create an operating system installation cd, but when I try to run the cd it says "there are no distribution points currently available for this operating system package"

I'm sure that I forgot to do something, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Dumb question, but have you verified that you've got a valid network connection, and that your machine is getting assigned an IP address?

This error commonly occurs on machines here, and it's either a bad connection (be it cable, whatever), or the machine hasn't obtained a DHCP lease before attempting to kick off the image.

Check in the package that there is a distribution point set for it. I had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back