Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image db transfer ( development?) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadium

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
US
Visit site
hi - i try to integrate a location database into the web. the db  allready  exists in a extensis/portfolio format and thats not a compatible format for a powerfull web location ( +20.000 images ) db. could cold fusion  a good solution? i'm a flash/html designer, so db is for me a new land. i would be very greatfull, of anykind of tips. take care<oliver goernandt>

If you can export that database into Access or SQL Server and use that, I'd recommend it highly...&nbsp;&nbsp;If you can't export it directly, you can probably export to a delimited file and then import that into Access pretty easily.<br><br>Is what you're trying to do a catalog of images?&nbsp;&nbsp;If so, CF is an excellent tool for this...:)

Thanks DarkMan - for yor fast answer. tonight i will check out the possibillity to transfer the old db to ms access. <br>('textfile''html''pnot DATA? - the 3 export formats are possible ) if i see that ms access is not so powerfull, i will use CF. yes it's a location db with +20.000 images and the user can downlod the locations ( for agency presentations ) and can allthough book the locations online. every location has 20 images and 20 different backround informations).&nbsp;&nbsp;a very important thing is, that i must have a easy update possibility, beacause no picture is older than 12 month! thanks again for your help. &lt;olivergoernandt&gt;<br><br><br>

Use Access for the database, AND ColdFusion for the web front end.&nbsp;&nbsp;This combination should work well for you...<br><br>You'll be able to access the database from your CF web application, not only for the front end website, but also for any back end updating you need to do.

hi darkman - thanks,<br>&nbsp;i think<br>&nbsp;i will follow this tip!<br>&nbsp;i like this forum :)<br>take care &lt;olivergoernandt&gt;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back