Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image db transfer (development?) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadium

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
US
Visit site
hi - i try to integrate a location database into the web. the db  allready  exists in a extensis/portfolio format and thats not a compatible format for a powerfull web location ( +20.000 images ) db. could ms access a good solution? i'm a flash/html designer, so db is for me a new land. i would be very greatfull, of anykind of tips. take care<oliver goernandt>

I don't know much about db products other than Access, but Access is known for it's ease of use and front-end development, not as an industrial-strength product. Microsoft's answer to a need for a heavier-duty db is MS SQL Server, but the market share is with Oracle and the technical reviews generally rate Oracle as superior. Other products in the running are IBM's DB2 and Sybase's SQL Server (yeah, same name as MS's product). You might want to visit the Oracle and other forums at this site and get some feedback from people knowledgable about each product as to whether they'd think it suitable for your application.

tanks elizabeth - jep right now i have the choice between oracle8i and ms sql derver. i only don't know realy, if i should buy a complete product (&nbsp;&nbsp;portfolio 5.0 extensis sql server /new!!) or should i use a simple db (ms access+extern images)and built up the core engine with the help of sql and hook up everthing&nbsp;&nbsp;on a oracle server?<br>this project is fun;)<br>

Dear All,

I would like to provide an interface of Oracle database with Btrieve Database or convert my Oracle Database into Btrieve databse.
Pl. help

Regards,
Paresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back