Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

amal1973

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Please help..
I have to add a column in a table that will contain an Image…. This is the first time I face such a thing!! And actually this column will contain a hyper link to that image on a network !! I will be thankful for any suggestion and the exact process I should take
Thanks

If you want a hyperlink and not the actual image, just add a varchar field long enough to hold the link. I would think a varchar(100) would do it.

i think tht's right!
u should add a column of varchar2 type which will store the image path.
And then u can fetch this value through front end and open the image throuh the front end only
hope this will be of some help
regards

Thank you for that fast Response ..
The front end that I am going to user is Access 2000 . I am going to make a link to the SQL server . What steps should I take to on the front end to show the image that is stored as a Hyper link on a file on the network…
Please .. Could I do that in a different way … And what is this POINTER ??
thanks
amal

PS. In the Column of the SQL Server ,Do i have just to copy and past the Hyper liknk ??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back