Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image back grounds across the page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aph

Technical User
Jul 8, 2000
GB
Can someone tell me how they do this (Example here ) have back ground image that no matter what res you view it it goes across the full web page?

I'm using Dremweaver MX 2004.
Cheers

If you look at their base.css you will see that it specifies
Code:
body {background: url(/images/site/bkg-texture1.jpg) top repeat-x #fbfbf6; }
repeat-x specifies that the image repeats as many times as necessary across the x dimension (horizontally)

There is a full spec at
I also notice that you have asked 56 questions and not found any of the answers to be valuable. If you really haven't had valuable answers read faq222-2244 to see why. If you have then read faq222-2244 to see how to recognise them. You should at very least respond to answers given to say whether they worked or not!

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Thanks for the info and I do reply to messages I just had a look at the first few of my threads and all have a thanks for the info.

Your history shows 56 questions, 0 posts marked as valuable and only 38 total replies, 4 of which seem to be in unrelated threads - hence my suggestion that you read the FAQ. If you are comfortable with your response level that's fine by me.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back