Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Association? If term = X, display this picture...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman650

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
US
Hey all,
I know that embedding images into a DB is not necessarily the way to go... but I had a question about doing such.

I was wondering if there was a way to store, say 5 images in my database and when one of the database fields was equal to a certain value, a specific image would be displayed on a form.

So let's say I've got a image of a tennis ball, a pair of swim goggles... when a user selects "tennis" in a form and saves the data to the database. When they view a form with that record (field=tennis), there is a spot on the form where the image of the tennis ball shows up. Same thing with the swimming and goggles. Just wondered if this is doable, if easy. thanks guys!

A common way is to have an Image control and set its Picture property in the Current event of the Form and the AfterUpdate event of the condition control.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PHV, that makes sense... I don't know how to write code yet though. I'm learning, very slowly. haha. Could you (or anybody) help me out with the code in either of those events? thank you =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back