Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMA_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2006
GB
We have had to change our Administrator password on our Domain. When we re-booted the citrix servers we get errors in the event viewer that says "The server running Metaframe Presentation server failed to connect to the Data Store IMA_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED. Invalid database user name or password. Please make sure they are correct if not use DSMAINT CONFIG to change them. The only thing that had changed was our password so we changed our administrator password back to what it was before and the servies started ok. I am a real beginnger at citrix and any help if how i can change the password on our domain and get citrix up and running looking at our new password would be very much Appreciated. If you do have an answer for please give me a step by step guide on what i need to do :)

Sounds like your administrator account is the account used to connect your citrix servers to the data store. Here's how you specify the username and password used to connect to your data store. Type in this command from a command prompt:

C:\dsmaint config /user:domainname\user /pwd:password /dsn:"C:\program files\Citrix\Independent management architecture\mf20.dsn"

note* After running the command, restart the IMA service. Do not stop the IMA service and then start the IMA service, restart it.

you'll need to run this on all of your Citrix servers. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back