Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMA Service not starting with error code 2147876922 and.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsjohnnyboy

Programmer
Jun 23, 2005
US
IMA_DB_RESULT_TABLE_NOT_FOUND.

Citrix help sucks! Hoping for better help here!

I have a DSN pointing to my oracle data store, I did a DSMAINT CONFIG /user:CTX_RM /pwd:ctx /dsn:citrix.dsn

The current directory is the c:\program files\common files\odbc\data sources so I didn't type the full path out..

The DSMAINT command says it successfully connected to the data store and to restart the IMA service..when I do, I get the errors shown above...I did a DSMAINT recreatelhc as well with no luck..Does Anyone, anywhere know of a little nuance I missed? I can connect to the data store from SQL*plus(oracle client connect tool..)

Anything?

You have to type the full path out wherever you live at the time.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

thanks for the reply...no luck though..picture this from a cmd prompt...this is how it is typed in:

C:>DSMAINT CONFIG /user:CTX_RM /pwd:ctx /dsn:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources"\rmsummarydatabase.dsn

running the above says that the data store connected successfully, but the IMA service still wont start..

I'll buy you a coke if you can crack it for me!

Hmmmmm why are you playing with stuff that looks like Resource manager the dsn should be mf20.dsn ?

Cheers
Scott

okay smart guy..you get a coke!

Well done, the IMA service is now connected..One more thing..I didn't think that the IMA service had to be the MF20.dsn...Does it?

What gave it away that I was playing with the Resource Manager?

you get a big fat star!! much apprciated!

You don't know how many times I've seen that error code in some shape or form. Its actually usually a login issue to the database, which made me look harder at your second post.

Your post had lots of stuff usually associatd with RM. The IMA doesnt need to be MF20.dsn but probably best to be. You can change it as long as its pointing to the right thing.

Cheers
Scott

Let me further my question...

I see the dsn reference in the registry, if I want the data store to point to my newly migrated oracle copy of the data store, would it be as simple as changing the contents of that file to point to the new database. or would a dsmaint config still need to be done?

Havn't done a migrate to Oracle, but have for QSL. Advice is to follow the instructions in the Adavanced Metaframe Manual. So yes it would be dsmaint migrate I think ? But check it first.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back