Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMA Service leaking memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2001
DE
I have 6 machines in an XPe farm running against a SQL database. Every machine is windows 2000 with SP3 (yeah I know bad move) MDAC 2.7 The problem I have is this, gradually over the course of the day the memory allocated to imasrv.exe grows from an initial 8 ish MB to 40-50MB if I leave the machines long enough I've seen this grow to over 250MB. Although all the servers are identical one doesn't exhibit this behaviour and sits at a fairly reasonable 24-28MB range. I am running RMS and I have already followed the recommendations in CTX989215. Originally these machines were running MDAC 2.6 which I know has a tendency to be a little crusty so I updated the mdacs with zero effect. I've also looked at upgrading the jet engine but the jet4 service pack 6 install reports that the system is already running a later version. Has anybod got any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back