Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm using CM5.2 with MM5.2, no MSS,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcs82a

Technical User
Jul 24, 2009
US
I'm using CM5.2 with MM5.2, no MSS, all vm's share with exchange 2010 storage.
I have a phone number 4444 that goes to a department mailbox, where messages are left and I setup a coverage answer group so all phones ring when the number is dialed.

user will listen to the message via desk set by doing a *#4444, pw. and then forward the call to each other via the deskset. my problem is that this method works for everyone but one person. when the message is forwarded to her ext. nothing happens, no MWI, or VM email.

I rebuilt the problem phone as a duplicate of one that works, I also went into AD and clicked on the Modular Message tab and confirmed her settings are identical to someone that works.

is this an exchange issue?

Troy

Does the mailbox work OK if someone leaves a message for that mailbox? And it only seems to fail if it is coming from MB 4444 as a forwarded message ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

yep, 4444 works as it should for everyone but this one person. if anyone tries to forward a vm via the deskset to this one person, nothing happens to the person receiving the vm. she gets no MWI light on her phone or email in outlook.

I'm leaning towards exchange is not accepting the forward vm to this persons mailbox.

the person in question, her personal vm box works fine also.

????

the person who is having the issue just confirmed that she can forward the vm via deskset and everyone gets it. she can not receive from 4444.

But if someone caller her they can leave her a VM right ?

Ken Means

that is correct. all vm functionality works as it should with the exception of sending a vm from 4444 to this one particular user.

Crazy right!

send a screen shot of the user settings in the mm tab of AD please

And yes it is crazy what happens if they forward it using outlook and not the TUI ?

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back