Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm trying to install Solaris 8 for

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHB

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2001
US
I'm trying to install Solaris 8 for Intel Platforms on a Compaq Presario 2266 so I can learn about system administration. The Hardware Compatibility list does not list a 2266, but does list the Cyrix MII chip as valid. Whenever I attempt to run the Configuration Assistant and run a full test, I get a green screen with garbage on it, and sometims a M1116 math error: stack underflow. Whenever I try to use the Configuration Assistant to run a specific test on one or more components, the Assistant performs the test through 100% and then hangs. Help?

Did you try pressing f3 to run a full test before running a f2?

Yes. Pressing F3 to run a full test resulted in the "green screen" and the M1116 math error. Rebooting and trying individual tests caused the system to hang, regardless of specifying one or several tests. The funny thing using selective tests was that all tests seemed to run before the system hung. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back