Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm trying to fully test out my sit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentley22

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
CA
I'm trying to fully test out my site design, and I'm having some problems with IE. I want to test my site on IE 4.0, however I already have IE 5.5 installed. Is there any way I can run multiple versions of IE on the same machine? I have 2 versions of Netscape running, 6 and 4.7 Apparently theres a problem with the site in IE 4.0, and I want to see it.

Additionally, does anyone know of a site that I can go to download IE 4.0?

goto to download ie(in the downloads section)..i don't know if you can run multiple versions of ie at the same time or not..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Nope, nor is it possible anymore to download a previous version of IE before 6 (at least from Microsoft)

If IE 4.0 was the original version you had on your computer, you can revert back to that. Windows won't let you completely remove IE, but you can revert back to a previous version. If you go to Add/Remove Programs and choose IE, there will be an option for you to do just that.

I believe once you're running 4.0, you can download 6.0 and keep it separate from 4.0. I'm not 100% certain about that one, but I seem to recall seeing that option when I was installing 6.0.

Good luck!
Brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back