Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm sorry to open a thread for this 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1oldfoxman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2002
US
I'm sorry to open a thread for this, since I'm sure the knowledebase already contains the answer to this question (probably multiple times). But the search engine still isn't working and I'm tired of trying to figure this out empirically.

Here's the scenario:
Simple form, two controls one listbox with rowsource RxNotes.Notename (char), one editbox with rowsource RxNotes.Notetext (memo field), both gotten from fields in
RxNotes.dbf.

What code to I have to put in what event method to force the editbox to refresh when the user mouses/cursors to a different item in the listbox? Or is it something entirely different?

I know this is REALLY basic, but I've not attempted this particular feat before. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Dennis

My apologies to everyone for missing the SUBJECT line on this post!!!! (late Friday brainless stunt....)

dennis

In the interactivechange event of the list box call the refresh method of the edit box. Hope this helps

Ken Kallaur

On the 'InteractiveChange Event' of your List Box, you can put a code like:

thisform.memoNoteText.Value = RxNotes.NoteText

Peping

Thank you, thank you, thank you.......

Dennis
[thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back