Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm running Arcserve2000 to backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

glparker

Technical User
Sep 30, 2001
AU
I'm running Arcserve2000 to backup my remote Domino server. When the backup job starts, it connects to the Notes server but then nothing happens for 2 hours after which it begins backing up all the databases. It's as if the backup job goes to sleep for 2 hours before backing anything up!! The backup itself completes successfully and I'm able to restore databases without a problem. Does anyone know why it waits 2 hours before beginning the backup?
George.

Expand the database portion and then run a backup. If its not expanded arcserve will expand the database and then run a backup ....

Give it a shot ... I had a similar problem with exchange and it worked for me...

DatabaseBaba DatabaseBaba...

One other thing you can try is disabling the file estimate. Go to Modify Job and then submit the job. In the Options windows select the Operations tab and select "Disable File Estimate." Unless you are sitting watching the job run you will never need to know the estimate.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly with your suggestions.
Databaseda, when I click on the "Lotus Notes Server" to expand the database, this also takes forever! The hourglass appears and again it appears as though it's gone to sleep....In anycase, my nightly backup jobs are in scripts, so I can't expand the database and save this as a script..
CIreton, I already have the file estimate disbled in all my nightly backup jobs. Even when I open a new backup windows, check the "disable file estimate" box and click on the "Lotus Notes Server", I get the situation where I'm waiting forever for it to expand.

George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back