Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm puzzled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgerma

MIS
Mar 14, 2006
US
I have Setup the ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition on a small workgroup (about 25 computers). It works well but me being me I had to figure out it's flaws which make me mad as hell now. I have made new policy called BannedSites and added few Sites in the Domain Set and URL Set which work fine as long as you trying to get to the site by it's name but if you ping the site and get the IP Address you can get through but I can block the ip addresses so it's not a biggie. But one thing I found out is that users can go out to the internet and find a Web-based proxy server and go to the banned sites without any problems. I did a search to find some Web Based proxy servers and there is way too manny of them for me to block them one by one. So I guess my question is if there is any way to deal with this without adding the Proxy servers onto the banned list. Or somehow get the list of Proxy Servers and import them into the domain set or URL set of ISA and block them. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I'll be using google really heave hehe.

Configure the local clients as use the isa server as the web proxy, use GP's to set it stone and this will remove the option for them to use their favorite internet proxy

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back