Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm locked out of my DB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubby

Programmer
Apr 28, 2001
US
Ver: Access 2000
Network: YES
Security: I use the Wizard (have the one-step secuirty wizard report)

Problem: I built a very important DB on my C/ drive. Then I used the security wizard to security it. Then I placed it on the network s/ drive for use. Now I'm totally locked out, even the ships sysAdmn can't help. We tried all types of things with no luck. Is there anyway I can't fix this program PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Create a new database and import the objects of present database.

Thanks
VJ

I tryed that!!! You can't access the database at all. Doesn't anyone have any other ideas. I really need this database... PLEASE HELP!!!

You need to grab the .mdw file from your machine put it on the server and then re-link to it using the workgroup administrator in access.

Until you understand what you're doing, I recommend you find all *.MDW files on your computer/network drives and COPY them to a backup folder of some sort.

Then take some breaths...good...

If you have properly implemented security, the only way to get back into your MDB file is to *FIND YOUR WORKGROUP FILE*. Once you have found it, you have to open Access with that workgroup. How do you do that? Easy. Make a shortcut something like the following:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" /wrkgrp "c:\old\padb.mdw

That, or get into the Workgroup Administrator and "Join" your workgroup. Either will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back