Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm just not smart enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptkirkh

MIS
Feb 20, 2001
US
When creating a view i need to grant privileges to t hose users I wnat to have access to the view. I use the command
grant all on 'name of view' to 'name of user' I then should be able to query that view correct? Well I can't when I am logged on as that user. What are the steps when granting privileges?

this is not that related to Oracle's ERP solutions, where the only users tend to be the applications, but I usually grant a user an object the synonym it so it appear to be in his tablespace

as gl/gl grant select of gl_je_lines to BO
as BO/BO create synonymn on gl.gl_je_lines as gl_je_lines

then the BO user uses gl_je_lines with haveing to recall it is owned by gl I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

It seems to me that it is not to the view to which you grant access but to the underlying table(s). Thus if you GRANT PRIVELEGES on each table that participates in the view to who_ever then who_ever will be able to use those priveleges on the view with no further action required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back