Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm having Sum Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkmonsteruk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2002
GB
I've been getting a few unusual results when i'm running a BO query and I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on it.

I'm hooked up to a DB2 database and i'm running a query which sums up several transactions and gives me a total at the bottom of the page, however when i export the data to excel (using both export and vba export as text methods) and re-calculate the sum that bo has calculated i find that BO is giving me the wrong sum total - It's giving me a figure which is 2p more than the one i'm getting in excel.

This is very frustating and i can't seem to find the answer....

[curse]

Funkmonsteruk,
this is almost certainly the fact that Business Objects, although not showing the decimal places is still using them to calculate the total sum figure. It is a common 'feature'. Increase the number of decimal places showing in the Business Objects report and then copy and paste this into excel, you will find that the figure will come in line. When you do the 'Copy all' BOj only copies what you can see, not the hidden decimal places. So when you paste back into excel you find that the calulation is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back