Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm betting you have got a single s 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

french01

MIS
May 18, 2001
AU
I'm betting you have got a single stand alone application there. Stuck it up on the server and are attempting to sell it to the customer as a client\server model solution.

Sorry, but as a similar victim "customer", I've been badly burnt with one like this. It just won't work well in a Win98 client environment. Been there done that, and spent a fortune on client side upgrades and still have a sub-standard product.

You have 2 choices.

1. Call it the customer's fault and make them upgrade everything, PC's, network, bandwidth, the lot.

or

2. Seriously consider re-evaluating and re-modelling the application to a true 2 tier, server/client model. ie, a good backend that does all the crunching on the server, and a nice thin frontend installed on the clients that has all the pre-defined queries to ask the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back