Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm about to give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c40

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
Thanks in advance for any help.

This is my system:

Slot 1 - 206 (from the left)
Slot 2 - Voice Mail VS R3.0
Slot 3 - Partner Plus Processor R4.0
Slot 4 - 400
Slot 5 - Empty

I have the system ring 4 times before AA pickup. Once AA picks up it rings all phones 4 or five times before actually going to VM. If someone picks up while it is ringing after AA it says "GOOD BYE" but you still get the call.

I don't know enough about this system but have been task to fix it. Please help.

Thanks!

a big part of "fixing it" is knowing what you would like it to do versus what it is currently doing. Give a little more detail on how you would like to opperate and we can throw some ideas back at ya.

PROGRAM PRIVACY ON THE EXT PORTS TO THE VOICE MAIL.

To get your voice mail started, you need to put the VM ports in hunt group 7. The ACS in the center slot is lines 1-3 and extensions 10-17. The 308 expansion in the 1st slot is lines 4-6 and extensions 18-25. The VS mail is seen by the system as a 6-port extension card. You don't state if it is a 2 port or 4-port VM unit. (On r4, it is 2 port unless there is an expansion card pluged into the PCMCIA slot on the VM card, then it can be 4 ports and additional mailboxes.) Anyway, if it is a 2 port, they are extensions 30 and 31, for a 4 port it would be extension 28-29-30-31. (It uses the last ports on the card, working backwards)

To put them into hunt group 7, you program from Ext. 10 ot 11.

FEATURE 00
LEFT Intercom Twice
#505-7-XX-1 (where XX is the extension number of a voice mail port. Repeat this step for each voice mail port.)

Now set their "Transfer Return Extension" to 10, so that calls transferred from the auto attendant to extensions without mailboxes go to the operator.

Still in the program mode,
#306-XX-10 (Again XX is the VM port ext. no., repeat for each port)

Now FEATURE 00 to exit programming.

Now you should be able to start programming the voice mail unit and mailboxes.

Other issues to consider are which lines should be sent to the automated attendant, after how many rings, day/night/always, and/or lines sent to mailboxes instead of the auto attendant. Get this part started and post back with other questions.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back