Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I'm a little new the this format fo

Status
Not open for further replies.

no2pencil

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
I'm a little new the this format for asking questions so I hope I'm doing this correctly.

Does anyone know If Corel Draw 10 has the ability to make text fill a shape? For example, if I draw a triangle can I force some text (the letter B) to the shape of the triangle? If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help

Check out the envelope tool (under effects). This gives you loads of options, it just takes a little practice to get what you want. Use the preset envelope shapes and apply them to your text, or create your own. Using this tool with paragraph text only changes the shape of the text frame, but it distorts artistic text quite well. There is a bug associated with the envelope tool's use with paragraph text, (you may get the 'CorelDraw has become unstable and needs to close' script running if you don't do things just so) but just cancel it if comes up, save your work and continue. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back