Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iLO won't allow ANY logins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Sorry for the cross post but I just saw this HP server forum and that's what I'm working with.

Hey all,

I just configured iLO but when I try to login I get the "iLO has detected a failed login attempt" error message. I've created and deleted and re-created accounts but I get the same error every time. I checked the Event Log and nothing is showing up in there. Any ideas on how to create an account that will be able to login to iLO?

Thanks,

Joe B

Please don't cross post, original thread is here thread484-1517612

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

I think he gave a pretty good reason for cross-posting there... :)

Annihilannic.

TheLad, sorry about the cross post. I had already posted in the Compaq forum and then found this HP forum. Since I'm running HP servers I decided to risk a bit of flamage to get some help.

Annihilannic thanks for watching my back.

Ok, I've updated my firmware and now I'm getting the following error when I use FireFox 3:

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

I can't seem to get past this. I tried setting up an exception and this is what I get:

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.2.58:443.

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

SO, I tried Internet Explorer and I get the error that I got originally:

iLO has detected a failed login attempt.
Cause: Unauthorized.

Please wait for login prompt.

NOTE: Username and password are case sensitive.

I've tried Username, username, domain\username. What else can I try to get this working?

Thanks,

Joe B

<sigh> I figured out the access issue. <\sigh> I thought I read that the administrator account was already there. Well, it is but it's the iLO administrator account. I just added myself (and administrator) to the iLO user pool and it works fine under Internet Explorer. Note to everyone--Read Instructions Clearly!!!

I'm still trying to find out how to get around the certificate error under FireFox 3.

Thanks,

Joe B

When going to an ssl site, I thought Firefox would give you a choice to add an exception to the unknown certificate...poke around in the options tab...

Burt

You can go to tools-->options-->advanced-->encryption and modify certificates there, and choose which encryption to use, add exceptions, etc.

Burt

burtsbees,

That did it. I thought I had gone through that process but apparently not. It worked this time so here's a star.

Thanks again,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back