Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ILO: Unable to ping to IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

arulthas

MIS
Jan 4, 2004
AP
I have a server located in DMZ which comes with Integrated ILO. Earlier when I issue hponcfg I got the following error: -
C:\Program Files\HP\hponcfg>hponcfg
HPONCFG RILOE-II/iLO setup and configuration utility
Version 1.5.1.1 (c) Hewlett-Packard Company, 2007
ERROR: Unable to establish communication with iLO/RILOE-II.

This is fixed by upgrading ILO driver to its latest. But still after reset and assign new IP address, we still not able to access to ILO webpage or ping the IP of the ILO within DMZ server or outside.

Any help will be much appreciated.

/Arulthas.

From my point of view, an iLO in a DMZ server should not be allocated an IP Address in the DMZ IP range. The iLO should be allocated an IP address in your normal Management IP Address range. Just because your server is a DMZ server doesn't mean that your iLO IP should be in the DMZX range too because that defeats the object of being able to manage the server remotely if you have to get firewall rules amended in order to connect to it.

Regardless of this, the iLO needs ports 23, 80, 443 and the Remote Control port (which varies from iLO version to version) open in order to work

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back