Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ILO: Text Mode Unsupported

Status
Not open for further replies.

arulthas

MIS
Jan 4, 2004
AP
Hi All,

I access to ILO and launch Remote Console and getting the following message: -

"Monitored Server Console Is in an Unsupported Text Mode"

Unable to view both text and GUI mode.

I checked hp forum and been advice this could be due to bad DIMM but I confirm my box dont have this issue.

Please advice what else I need to look for.

Thanks,
Arulthas.

What OS are you running?

Also, have you checked the Advanced Pack License is installed ok and the firmware level of the iLO is at the latest?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Well if you haven't installed an iLO advanced key it won't allow you to do remote console if machine is in graphics mode.

Can you see anything when you reboot, should at least see the startup sequence before it switches into graphics mode.

Neill

Advance pack license is installed & ILO has up-to-date firmware.

As said in my 1st post, i not even can view in text mode.

Is it truly an iLO or is it an RIB-LOE? If its a RIB-LOE is the monitor plugged into the port on the card no the system. If it's an iLO, have you ever been able to view the console?

I can confirm I have ILO for this box as I can access and click 'Remote Console' inside. My concern if the vga cable is properly secured. I already get someone to check this and if this not the case then I will update the details here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back