Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator, paste to front problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerri255

Technical User
Aug 31, 2009
CA
Hi,I have tried to Paste to front in several projects, each time depending on the most recent document I have created in another area on my computer, it appears as soon as I click Paste to front! Today I entered private data into Notepad, it appeared on my new project!!! I was devestated because I was showing this to my friend. Why would any document appear in Illustrator and how do I fix this, it is so annoying! I have been trying to get an answer through many forums and alot of endless searching. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.
Thank you Naomi

...normally when you paste something the information that is eventually pasted comes from the operating systems clipboard, the systems clipboard holds only the last data you copied...

...if your sure you haven't copied the data your pasting then something strange is happening...

...you can view the clipboard in windows by performing the following and clearing the data of recently copied data:

==============

Windows Vista or Windows 7 - refer to this link about clearing the clipboard and making a shortcut.

==============

Windows XP

Begin by first clicking on the Start Button.
Then click on Run Icon, which will open up the Run Menu for you.
Locate the white area of the screen next to the word Open: in the Run Menu.
Now type in the abbreviated word Clipbrd and click on the OK button to launch the Program.
Notice how the Clipboard contains a record of your recent copy and paste inputs.
To empty your Clipboard, click on the word Edit located within your top tool bar area.
Then click on the word Delete from the pull down menu that appears.
Windows will ask you if you want to Clear the contents of the Clipboard.
Click on the Yes button to allow Windows to clear the Clipboard.
Notice how your former imputed information is now cleared from the Clipboard.
Then close the Clipbook Viewer Window to return to your Windows session.

andrew

Andrew, I cannot express the level of gratitude I have that would come even remotely close to getting across that all those projects and days of frustration has come to an end. I followed your directions which were easy to understand and finally solved my problem, Thank you so much!!! Naomi

...great news naomi!! glad to help and thank you for the appreciation...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back