Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator palette positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffy

Programmer
Apr 8, 1999
US
Is there a way of setting Illustrator 8.0 so that it remembers your palette positioning like Photoshop does? Once I dock and link my floating palettes and get them how I like them, I want them to stay that way when I open the application the next time. Clues?

I'm not sure about illustrator but in photoshop if you set things up before you open any files those settings become the default. Try it and see.<br>
Roxie

Illustrator has a file called (Adobe Illustrator Startup) located in the plug-ins folder. If you open just that file and set any preference and save that file with the same name in the same place and quit and restart Illustrator your palettes will open up to the same spot from that point on. If you already have your prefs set the way you want them but need something to change in prefs to make this tip work, change the prefs for your guides color just a little and that will do.<br>
Note: Make a copy of the Illustrator Startup file to have as a back-up before you change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back