Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator File

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpoul34

Technical User
Jul 22, 2008
US
I got a file from a client. It's supposed to print 3 colors, however when i distill the file with a post script and look at the separations, I have 2 black plates, and for the life of me can't figure out how to change them to be the same black.

Have you checked the color pallate to make sure they are made of the same Color scheme i.e. RGB or CMYK % or if they are a spot color. Check the percentages of the colors to see if the blacks match.

No, some of them are Pantone Process Black CVC and some of them are the CMYK black. I need to change the CVC black to CMYK but don't know how to do it.

if you find the correct color (CVC Black) drag it into your swatch palate then option click both blacks(both are selected in the swatch palate)and open the mini menu in the swatch palate and click on Merge Swatches. It will take the new swatch you dragged in and convert all the cmyk black to CVC
black.

This should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back