Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

illustrator file exported to PDF print issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

delabcol

Technical User
Apr 21, 2010
CO
Hi, I made a illustrator CS4 file in 2 artboards, but have a trouble exporting to PDF, the PDF file are created and work fine to see on screen, but in a moment of print the text are printed in 2 colors, for example the first line of paragraph are printed in Black, and second line print in black 80%, I´ve checked all color and this are fine in black100%, I try expand font but the problem persist, I try in all PDF configuration output available in Illustrator but doesn´t work, and try made this file in image and nothing.

If any know how fixit, your help is very appreciated!

PD. the font size is 9 pt and font used is vera humana 95

To see a printed sample, please see on this adress

...looks more like a print head issue to me...

...can you verify this by printing either directly from illustrator or another program like photoshop, or Word, or a simple text program like notepad?

andrew

============
============

...have you tried cleaning the print heads on the printer, or using a new cartridge?

...there looks to be a lot of banding on your printed sample, which would either indicate low ink levels, or blocked printer heads...

andrew

============
============

Thx apepp, I know the scanned file dont help, this problem are present in laser and inkjet print, the principal issue is the color of lines. I made a new print in Laser printer and problem persist. You have any posibility to solve it!

...and in every occasion you are printing from acrobat reader?

...have you tried printing from acrobat reader with option "print as image" turned on?

...if this option was on, try the opposite with "print as image" turned off...

andrew

============
============

thanks so much again, but this not fix a problem. for your knowledge I made a pdf with all page in one image, but the problem persist, and try converting text to curves, but doesn´t work, I think maybe this are related with PDF or print configuration because I made this file on Corel draw but the PDF file exported again printed bad.

...what about printing from a standard application like a text editor such as notepad on PC or textedit on mac?

...if it happens from other applications, then you can be pretty sure it is printer hardware problem, as opposed to a software problem...

...a process of elimination is required...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back