Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator CS4 quits immediately after opening - snow leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlikethecaptain

Technical User
Dec 22, 2009
US
I have a new mac running snow leopard on which I have recently installed a handful of adobe programs (dreamweaver, illustrator, fireworks, photoshop, flash). All work beautifully except for illustrator, which, immediately upon launching, closes. The splash screen appears, it loads, it finishes loading, and then half a second later it closes.

I've tried reinstalling it several times and I've scoured the internet for any leads on why it might be doing this or how to fix it. It's making me tear my hair out and preventing me from getting anything done. Any ideas?

...have you tried deleting the Illustrator preferences folder in "users > user name > library > preferences > Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings", then relaunch illustrator?

...also try removing the "Adobe Illustrator CS4" folder in Application Support:

"users > user name > library > Application Support > adobe > Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings"

...the relaunch illustrator...

...if both the above fail to work, try creating a new mac os X user account, log into that account and see if illustrator functions...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back