Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator CS4 Locks up when I go to save as PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienflanders

Technical User
Jun 27, 2010
US
I haven't had this problem until recently, but when I go to save my document as a PDF instead of the little window popping up that has the settings for the PDF, the screen just locks up and when I click anywhere on the illustrator window it just keeps going,

"ding, ding, ding..."

and nothing happens and I have to go the task manager in windows Vista and force quit the program. Instead now I have to take the extra step of saving as an EPS and bring into another application to make a PDF.

What would cause the program to freeze like that?

probably somthing wrong with your preferences file.

To clean the preferences do the following:

launch program and hold down ctrl, alt and shift key.

you will get a window asking if you are sure that you want to trash the prefrences click OK

Maybe this solves the problem

carlow

I tried that and nothing happened. If I hold those buttons down at the moment I double click the icon, I get a properties screen. If I do it immediately afterwords, there is just a gray window in illustrator. Is there another way to clear the preferences?

And by the way, I am using Vista.

first launch the program then hold down the three keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back