Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator CS2 Graph data distorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TYPPIET

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
NL
I have upgraded from Illustrator CS1 to CS2 (using Mac OSX 10.4.7)
Before i could copy data from MS Xcell to the Graph Data window in Illustrator and make a nice bar- or linegraph.
In CS2 all the data changes the moment i paste it into the Illustrator Graph Data window: all kinds of crazy numbers or letters are added.
For example original data:

Belgium 0,167

becomes in Illustrator CS2 something like:

Belgium00803306t 0,167ø`îp ïkP ,!A MU + ^

i'd be happy if anyone knows what i could do about this.

Using InDesign CS2 (Dutch version) in OSX 10.4.6 on a mac G4

...honestly, not too hot on graph creation, but is it possible from excel to export a text file in which the data for each cell is separated by a tab, and the data for each row is separated by a paragraph return. Apparently the data can only contain decimal points or decimal commas; otherwise, the data is not plotted. (For example, enter 732000, not 732,000.) In the Graph Data window, click the cell that will be the top?left cell of the data you import, click the Import Data button , and select the text file...

andrew

I found out that this is a bug that Adobe knows about.

See:Adobe states that the Graph tool in Illustrator CS2 does not recognize pasted text correctly without the Illustrator CS2 12.0.1 update installed.

The problem now is that i cannot install the update, since it is not available in Dutch (i use the Dutch version of Illustrator).

So the solution above from Andrew is unfortunately not possible; the Graph tool doesn't recognize any copied or imported text.

I have contacted Adobe but have not heard from them.

Using InDesign CS2 (Dutch version) in OSX 10.4.6 on a mac G4

My suggestion would be to use Illustrator CS1 until Adobe gets a fix out.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back