Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator 9/Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabethdawn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
US
A co-worker of mine is having problems working with Illustrator 9. Her screen is either going white or is going grey with a white bar or box across the screen while she is editing her files. Sometimes there are pinstripes across the screen also. This does not happen in any other program she uses.
She is using a new Viewsonic G90f monitor. Has anyone heard of anything that may be causing this?

Thanks

Is that one of those CMYK monitors? At any rate, check your color settings in AI and make sure they match your color settings for PS. I have both mine set to emulate AI 6.

I checked her settings and Illustrator is set to emulate AI6.
Anything else?

Thanks, Dawn

could be so many things. Does she use any other graphics apps? What are the computer specs? What video card are you using? What OS? What version of AI, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2? Are there any viruses on the comp? Any backround applications like memory managers or screen savers running? How old is the monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back