Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator 10 limited tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

badley

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
GB
I have Illustrator 8 currently installed, now trying to install 10.

Installation is successful but when 10 is opened there is a limited number of tools available e.g. Navigator window.

Is this to do with previous installations?

Has anyone else had this problem if so how did you solve it?

Do you mean tools or palettes? In either case, it may be that they are just hidden. Look at the Window menu and see if you can re-activate palettes there. If it's actual tools in the toolbox, look for icons with a small arrow on them: click and hold to reveal more tools.

Hi
I have these pannels up and i find it really
easy to work with
(all can be activated like 'blueark' said under the 'windows' tool bar in Illustrator.

main pannel
character/paragraph
navigator/appearence/info
Colour/Attributes
Transparency/stroke/gradient
styles/swatches/brushes
layers/action/links
and when using certain colours i have process colours up.
Just to give you an idea.

Does anyone have any different settings.
(I'm not a full time worker with it and i was wondering if there was any other, better wasys to have it all setup. To ustilise the workspace.)

I done everything said above but for example:

There is no navigator tab and no navigator button in the window menu. I've tried everything to find it.

The tool box is showing a limited number of tools even when I'm clicking and holding to expand a tool.

I thinks its something to do with the installation. I had the well known problem with Installshield wizard.

Any other help?

Sorry, I use it professionally along with Photoshop, so you can talk hardcore illustator stuff

Have a look in the Plug-ins folder. The Navigator plug-in should be in the Plug-ins > Extensions folder, while some of the tools should be in the Plug-ins > Tools folder. If they're missing, maybe your installation is incomplete.

I'm not sure what your problem is sorry !
But 'bluark' seems to have a decent idea.
:(

Could I just copy the named plugins to the appropriate folder?

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. Only thing I can think of is that if you're missing those plug-ins, what else might you be missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back