Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illustrator 10-grouped objects returning to original position

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratajai

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
When I window select more then one object and move them all together, after I let go of the mouse button, they return to their original position? I have been in Illustrator for years doing these very common things, I am now being held up by some of the simplest actions. Any instruction is welcomed.

[j]

OK. Here is a temporary solution. Group all objects > then deselect > then select & move. Please tell me this isn't the only way.

[j]

Try deleting your aiprefs file. You'll have to show hidden files to find it.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Jaquan-

I do appoligize. I have looked through my program folder, after showing hidden files, & cannot find the preference file. I am not really used to the back-end of Illustrator. If you wouldn't mind, is there a path you could specify to get me to the proper directory or just the directory name? Or the name of actual file name & extension of the aiprefs file to be deleted, then I can do a search.

[j]

Hi I run on win2k and my one is in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 10
Not in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Illustrator 10

The file is just called 'AIprefs'
Cheers Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back