Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illus CS4 - grid movement, 1 square, not 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Technical User
Mar 7, 2009
US
Using Illustrator CS4, Grids on.

I'm doing some drafting work, with the grids set at .38" with 12 subdivisions, making it approx 3/8 scale

It used to be that when I arrowed over, it would move the segment or point 1 segment. Now it moves 2. I'm not sure if there's a setting in the preferences that I messed with or not.

In order to get it to the right place, without the mouse, I SHIFT-ARROW, which moves it 13 grid points, then I back it up using the opposite arrow. Very time consuming and annoying.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

...check the keyboard increment settings in the "general" section of the preferences are set to:

0.0139"

andrew

============
============

Yup. That was the first place I looked. Forgot to mention it.

Keybd Increm - 0.0139 in
Constr Angle - 0
Cornr Radius - .17 in

Now in a new file, or other files, It's fine. They move 1 grid increment. (Snap to Grid is on, btw)

But some files, ones that I've been working on for weeks, have developed this annoying quirk.

Hrmm.. I suppose this one is a stumper huh.

The only other information that I can add is that I have Hotdoor CADtools 6 installed. But there are no settings for keyboard movement in that plugin, so I do not think that has anything to do with the arrows jumping 2 squares instead of 1.

If anyone else has a thought, i'd be glad to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back