Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IISSYNC failing with "An attempt was made to reference a token that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyh1

Programmer
Mar 31, 2002
GB
IISSYNC failing with "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist"

Hello,
I have 3 IIS servers used in a windows 2000 load balancing setup, they are all domain controllers.

One of the servers has a database that stores all the site configurations, and is used to automatically
create the master IIS installation.

I wish to use IISsync to sync the other 2 IIS machines from the master IIS server. I can open the Internet
Information Services manager and connect to the other 2 IIS servers, and make changes to the setup from
there, so I know IIS services are up and running. Interesting I can also go onto either of the other
2 machines and IISSYNC their configs onto each other, so I know that the problem is not with the recipients
of the sync.

when i try to sync from the master to either of the slaves I get the following error;
C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv>iissync cosmic101
Source : 0, scanning, Targets : (0,0),
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.At least one target
computer was not replicated successfully

I think that 'reference a token' refers to a windows 2000 user account, but im not sure, has anyone
seen this error? the error seems quite general, but it doesn't log anything into the event log, and
there are no switches for verbose or more information. Both machines are domain controllers in the same
domain, so its not like their user account information can be out of sync.

I can sync the cosmic101 machine from another IIS server in the domain like so;
C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv>iissync cosmic101
Source : 123, scanned, Targets : (123,14),
Replication successful for target cosmic101
Replication was successful

C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv>
but not from the machine with all the users websites set up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back