Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS6 running but site not showing up!! Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstaff

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
GB
Hi Guys
First time here so I hope im in the right place.

Anyway........

I got Broadband this week and decided that I would run my own webserver to host my homepages and my friends sites.

I set up IIS and can view the sites locally with no problems, my ASP cod is all working fine.

My web address is the site was hosted online but I recently got the addy shifted to ZONE EDITS name servers, they offfer a redirection service which points traffic looking for my URL to my PC via my static IP.

I have it all set up with ZONE EDIT and have written to them and they say everything is fine at their end and I should check my firewall and IIS settings.

I have looked through everything and cant see anything wrong.

I can see the sites ok by using the addy in my browser but others just get the old "Page Cannot be displayed" page!!!

I realy do not know what to look for now?? Can anyone suggest what I do to get this going properly?

Many thanks in advance
Les

Hi Les, it may be possible that your broadband provider is blocking port 80. As a test try running your site on a port other than 80.

Jim

I went you your web addtess and I get the LCN web page. Since you registered your name there, you may need to go to the management page of your registered domain name and point the DNS registrations to Zoneedit.com's name servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back