Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS with Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonng

MIS
Feb 16, 2003
AU
Hi all, I have a situation here which I cannot solve and wish to hear your advices. I have an IIS server hosting multiple sites and one of them happen to be running jsp. The setup for this jsp site is we created the site in IIS, say abc.com. Inside abc.com we created a link to redirect it to our tomcat and everything works fine now. The problem comes when we install another software, a weblog software which it will creat another virtual directory under every website we host. Since abc.com is redirect to tomcat, when we go to abc.com\weblogs, it will reply will a 404 error. How do I solve this?

We were having problems in the opposite direction, and found that apache have a isapi_redirect filter that needs to be loaded at top level of IIS to redirect everything.

chester27 how do i redirect everything? I dont need to redirect all request to jakarta as I have some sites are hosted in IIS. I only need to redirect 2 of all the sites to jakarta and they are working fine as I said. The issue lies with how do I make jakarta knows that I have a weblogs virtual directory under IIS for that site?

Been playing with IIS settings for half a day and my application still cannot work. The problem seems like I am redirecting to tomcat from IIS but my log file analyser actually sits at IIS under As such all request that pass through to IIS will redirect to my tomcat, and my weblog sits in IIS like below:
----weblogs (virtual directory pointing to c:\123)
---jakarta (redirect all requests to tomcat, which the actual files are in d:\
I am wondering is there anyway in tomcat I can set that when user request for weblogs it will potin to c:\123? I am a total idiot in tomcat and really have no idea how to make this things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back