Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Windows 7 - Cannot read configuration file

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
I seem unable to get IIS to run a website located on a mapped drive.

When navigating to the site in IE it errors with...
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

I've tried adding IIS_IUSRS / IUSR to the folder permissions, I've changed the application pool identity to use my domain logon, I've also installed the IIS6 management compatability.

Why am I getting this message, what does it mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Free Dance Music Downloads

Got this sorted in the end, it seems the server support company hadn't set the right permissions, plus I needed to use UNC not mapped drive letter!

Though still doesn't help as the working dir doesn't allow relative paths for some configuration settings in the Perl / Catalyst app!

I cannot get a local copy running as a mirror of the live site, without having it on my local C: drive and as that isn't backed up (only network shares), it becomes a nightmare managing it all.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Free Dance Music Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back