Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS Virtual Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

laruem13

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2007
US
IS there any way to make a virtual directory using IIS available from outside an office network? I have a directory linked on a website but can only access it while on the office network.

If this is not possible, what can I do to have a directory of documents that anyone can access from the internet?

The root website that the Virtual Directory belongs to would need to be accessible via the internet.

To create a public directory of documents accessible by the world, create a website within IIS that is public. Then set the site to allow directory browsing. Any documents you post in that directory are then viewable on the web.

-Joe

IIS 2005 and Virtual Server issue. The install requires that IIS be installed and running. I am using an XP Pro laptop. I installed the IIS from the XP CD but Virtual server still requires IIS. New to all of this and looking for guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back