Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IIS unable to SSL non default set

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacew

Programmer
Oct 19, 1999
HK
I created two sites under my IIS, one is default and the other with a defined header (e.g. <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> The <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> secured with SSL.<br>
<br>
When I tried to access thosed secured pages, it is able to find those pages. It seems that IIS tried to locate the pages in the default site.<br>
<br>
I think it is a Microsoft IIS design & implementation problem but anyway pls help.

You could rename your pages in accordance with the ssl defaults.

Check your IP Address assignments on the web sites.<br>
Best practice is to reassign port on default web site and leave it 'stopped', create new web site(s) for each virtual site, point home directory to site content folder, assign each an IP Address (must be bound to NIC first), leave default set to all unassigned.

One more thought. You will need to register the URLs with a DNS server or enter them in a hosts file to access them using a FQDN (fully qualified domain name).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back